Saturday, May 21, 2011

Carrot Mango Powersmoothie

This smoothie is enough for me for breakfast as I still feel quite full from last night's burger-fest in front of the TV playing Team Bondi's and Rockstar's fantastic L.A. Noire. What an awesome meal, but most importantly, what an awesome game. It doesn't get more mass-market than that.


"What? You've gone vegan? Where do you get your protein from dude?" I have heard the same question countless of times and unfortunately many people that are on a plant-based diet, doesn't get enough protein just because they don't know where to look for it. Lack of protein sends you on a downward spiral into lack of concentration, tiredness and depression. With that said, the meat industry has spread a rumor that the best protein is found in red meat, which is obviously a lie. Another popular lie is that we need such a high dose of protein to function normally. This smoothie includes my absolute favorite source of protein - Hemp! In this case I used Sun Warrior Protein while I wait for my latest shipment from Vega to arrive.

Ingredients
1 Mango
2 Medium sized Carrots
2 Red Apples
1 Banana
1 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
1 tsp Lucuma
1 tsp Mesquite
1 tsp Maca
1 tbsp Hemp Protein
1 tbsp Bee Pollen
Water to get the thickness you prefer

Blend - done - Invigorate!




No comments:

Post a Comment