Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Almond Flaxseed Burger from Thrive

I've been struggling to find a diet that is perfect for me, living quite a stressful life with a family with three kids and being a business owner for a +110 award-winning, high-prestige, video-games developer (Avalanche Studios). I've read many books and I shouldn't say my transition to a plant-based diet has been easy. I travel +100 days a year and it's very tempting, not going back to meat (never been a big fish or chicken guy anyways) necessary, but to eat vegan junk-food which is super-tasty but not very healthy. Also, I'm not getting younger and I need to get my lazy ass down in my basement gym and hit the weights and start riding my bike to work.

Anyways, long intro... I've read Brendan Braziers awesome book Thrive for the third time and the 1st of May will be the start of an attempt not only to get back into shape, but also to follow Brendan's 12-week meal plan - strictly.


Tonight we did this awesome raw Almond Flaxseed Burger with Sweet Pepper Hemp Pesto as I was trying out some recipes for next week. It's super tasty and by far one of the best raw food burgers I've tasted to date.

Ingredients - Burgers
2 Garlic Cloves
2.5 dl Almonds (I use Saltå Qvarn's as they are organic and great)
1.25 dl ground Flaxseeds (grind the seeds in a coffee grinder)
2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp Hemp Oil
Sea salt

Mix everything in a food processor and make two patties. Done!

Ingredients - Pesto
1 Garlic Clove
1 Red Bell Pepper (cored and seeded)
1.25 dl Fresh Basil
3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast and Sesame Seeds
2 tbsp Hemp Seeds (I use Renee Voltaires)
2 tbsp Hemp Oil
Sea salt

Mix everything in a food processor.

Serve with mixed greens.

2 comments:

  1. Where do you find Nutritional Yeast in Stockholm? I have searched the usual suspects: Goodstore, Life, Kina-Li, but no luck so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Det heter Bjäst Flingor i Sverige jag köper mina på ICA Maxi i Nacka. De finns lite överallt skulle jag tippa.

    ReplyDelete