Sunday, April 3, 2011

Vegetable BBQ on the Weber

I love BBQ'ing and those who've been to my infamous big BBQ's knows I'm the regent of BBQ'ing even though when I received the title I cooked large steaks. I even got into something called Extreme Grilling which involved cooking vegetables. My background has helped me come up with dishes, marinades and smoking techniques usually used for meat, but nowadays I use them to make awesome Seitan "steaks", veggie burgers and marinated vegetables. Tonight we kept it simple... Just throw lots and lots of fresh vegetables on the grill and enjoy them with Hummus, sauces and different salads.


To me grilling is not something you just do during the summer, it's a cooking technique and if it wasn't for the meters of snow covering my Weber Summit grill I would have used it all winter.

This is really simple and I don't even need to put a recipe on here, so just throw plenty of vegetables such as mushrooms, zucchini, Bell peppers, asparagus, eggplant and make loads of dairy free sauces and bean salads to go with them and have great conversations while cooking.

I had an awesome "Chicken" burger from Redwood Wholefood Company for lunch today and they are simply awesome. I cook most of my meals outdoors from now on as the Weber Summit also comes with a side-burner you can also steam vegetables on the side. Simply put - PMA all day!


No comments:

Post a Comment