Friday, April 1, 2011

Pasta Pesto!

I got home late from work this evening and also had an argument with a close friend right before that, so I knew I would need a nice meal which should go well to a rich Italian wine and Pesto is super-quick and a gourmet meal made in minutes.


I don't like my Pesto too oily and this Pesto is based on Arugula rather than Basil. Can this be any good you ask? Hell yes, I say. For Pasta I obviously use egg-free pasta and so shall you, right?

Here's what you need to make the pesto.

5 dl of Organic Arugula (Ruccola in Swedish)
1 dl of chopped Organic fresh Basil
2 minced Garlic cloves
0,5 dl of Pine nuts (I always buy Saltå Kvarn in Sweden)
2 tbs of Yeast Flakes
0,75 dl of Extra Virgine Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix everything except the olive oil and once you have a nice mix you slowly add the oil. Add as much as you like to get it as you want.

I always mix my Pesto with the pasta along with some Pine nuts and some Basil leaves on top.






No comments:

Post a Comment