Thursday, March 24, 2011

Books for recipes and education


I obviously didn't learn everything I know in such a short time just by doing. I've read almost every vegan and vegetarian cookbook there is and almost every lifestyle "guide" on this topic. I've also read books about why you should eat meat and compared the two as I've been an extreme meat consumer for over 30 years.

These are my favorites and the arrangement does not reflect my opinion about each (it's more who kept still without falling down as I took the picture), but I have a few favorites. The authors of the books in the picture have been on a plant-based diet for a far longer time than I have an without their shared knowledge, I wouldn't be able to live how I live these days.

From left to right:

Skinny Bitch: Ultimate Everyday Cookbook by Kim Barnouin, The Candle Cafe Cookbook by Joy Pierson, Bart Potenza and Barbara Scott-Goodman, The Engine 2 Diet by Rip Esselstyn, Meat is for Pussies by John Joseph, The Great American Detox Diet by Alexandra Jamieson, Peace, Love and Food by Renee Voltaire (In Swedish only), The Conscious Cook by Chef Tal Ronnen, The Thrive Diet by Brendan Brazier, The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone, Skinny Bitch/Skinny Bastard by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin, Superfoods by David Wolfe (not really a cookbook) and last Raw Food på Svenska (in Swedish) by Erica Palmcrantz.

Almost all these books are available through websites like Amazon, Bokus or just by looking up their various publishers.




1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite cookbooks. I tried many of its recipes and they are as delicious as they are healthy. The great thing is that you don't have to feel guilty after eating these meals. It is a great cookbook to have. I gave a copy to all my friends for Christmas and they all loved i

    ReplyDelete